Can We Reverse the Prediabetic Condition?
You feel whatever you are eating is being deposited on your belly! And there is loss of energy in your body! All the efforts to lose weight are going in vain! Chances are you could be in Prediabetic stage, The numbers are increasing. There are thousands and thousands of people in the world who have prediabetes, a condition if left untreated, usually leads to type-2 diabetes.
Nutritionist Ms. Manisha Arora at TAF Wellness, a premier wellness center offering holistic weight loss program in Delhi explains what prediabetes is and what you can do to reverse it. Here’s what you need to know!
What is prediabetes?
Prediabetes is a condition where the blood sugar is higher than normal, but not high enough for you to be considered diabetic. It is also commonly known as a pre-diabetic condition. Prediabetes is diagnosed when:
- A hemoglobin A1C reading between 5.7-6.4 percent
- Fasting blood glucose between 100-125 mg/dl
- An oral glucose tolerance test 2 hour blood glucose reading between 140mg/dl-199mg/d
What are the risk factors for prediabetes?
Many factors lead to prediabetes. The most important link stated by doctors and weight loss treatment center is between genetics, family history, and prediabetes. However, inactivity and excess belly fat are considered to be the most common and influential causes of prediabetes. The common risk factors are:
- Being obese or overweight
- Excess fat around the abdominal region
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Family history
- Stress, PCOD, gestational diabetes
Steps to manage prediabetic condition
1. Exercise regularly: The benefits of exercise- whether or not you have diabetes or prediabetes – are well-known. Exercise plays a huge part in reversing prediabetes. Regular exercise improves the body’s sensitivity to insulin and helps manage your blood glucose levels. Your muscles use excess blood sugar, which helps you lose weight and use the insulin your body produces more effectively. Also, research suggests pranayama gets a thumbs up for its efficacy in reversing this condition.
2. Make healthy eating choices: Healthy eating is a foundation of diabetes and prediabetes management. Eating three meals a day – spaced no more than six hours apart – can help control the sugar levels. It can also help you maintain or lose weight and improve your energy levels. Foods with high vitamins, minerals, and fiber manage levels of glucose and help your body work better. To incorporate fiber add more sprouts, vegetables, and millets like Ragi jowar bajra to the diet.
3. Talk to your doctor about managing prediabetes: This may seem futile but make sure you work with your primary care physician to manage your symptoms. Each individual is different as some may benefit from changes to nutrition and physical activity while others may benefit from medications.
4. Alternative therapies: Alternative therapies such as yogic breathing, Rejuvenate massage therapy and Reverse Fat therapy at TAF can reduce the risk by reducing stress and altering the body chemistry and help in stimulating insulin to work effectively.
Can prediabetes be reversed?
The good news is that once your doctor determines that blood sugar is high-enough to be classified as prediabetes, there are several preventative measures you can take to stop the onset of full diabetes. The window of opportunity to prevent or slow the progression of prediabetes to type 2 diabetes is around 2-3 years. Hence, prediabetic complications can be reversed if strong diabetes control and a healthy lifestyle are followed. Reaching a healthy weight can help you a lot. If you’re overweight, weight loss programs at TAF customized to deal with insulin resistance can help you reverse this condition. TAF is the only weight loss center in Delhi where scientific, holistic and result-oriented programs are designed to give you reverse Fat leading to reversing pre diabetic condition.
Call Now @ 9821785982 to know more about our Reverse Your Fat program.
About The Author
I feel losing weight and looking after your body is the highest form of self-love. Feeling passionate about helping individuals achieve their best version, I conceptualized TAF – a place where one can lose weight in a happier and healthier way. I have been sharing my views on holistic programs for weight loss and ‘Good Food Good Nutrition’for over 18 years, Each time, I help someone reach their best version... it makes me feel fulfilled towards my purpose in life.