What is Sustainable Weight Loss and How to Do It?
Are you putting on extra kilos despite doing the right things? When it comes to fat loss, less food and more exercise is not always the right answer. Though this approach holds great significance in weight loss, our body is far more complex. Here is your short guide to cracking the code on sustainable weight loss.
The Science Behind Sustainable Weight Loss
A major part of the weight loss and gain revolves around calorie consumption. You lose weight when you burn more calories than what you consume. Similarly, you put on weight when you consume more calories than you burn. The first main step for weight loss is to eat within the calorie budget and burn the required number of calories.
The leading health experts suggest this as one of the best combinations for sustainable weight loss. However, one of the biggest limitations is that the focus is on calories but not health. Your diet may work for a month, but for the majority of people who crash diet gain the weight right back because they are not focused on developing sustainable habits for the long haul.
Furthermore, just simply determining the number of calories one’s body needs is not adequate. For instance, two slices of pizza have 500 calories, four samosas have 600 calories, and more things may fall within the daily requirements of your calories, but these unhealthy food choices will eventually lead to other health problems like high cholesterol and blood sugar.
To lose weight a healthy way, you also need to ensure your diet is balanced i.e. it covers all food groups and provides all the nutrients you need necessary for good health.
So, forget about measuring calories think about how eating right and exercising are changing your body for the better. Do you feel lighter? Is your posture better? Do you have more energy after work than you did before? Are your sugar cravings leveling off? If you focus on noticing the changes in your body and the positive effects of your new, healthy self, you will more likely follow the right path towards sustainable weight loss.
Few Things to Keep in Mind for Sustainable Weight Loss
- Balance: Balance is the key to weight loss. It is important that you are getting the right amount of the right things and limiting the things which can have a negative effect on your health.
- Variety: It is important to enjoy what you eat. Ensure proper nutrition but eliminate the monotony of a diet to enjoy the process and incorporate it as a part of daily life.
- Calorie control: Weight loss isn’t just about reducing calories but it is about making sure that you have the right amount of calories throughout the day to keep your system working effectively. It also involves eating the right kinds of food.
- Moderation: You don’t take in an excess amount of those things that can have a negative impact on your health.
- Adequate nutrients: Make sure you are getting the important nutrients you need to maintain health and replace what is lost on a daily or weekly basis.
- Be realistic about your goals: Make sure that you devise realistic goals for yourself. The fastest way to drop the ball on any weight loss plan is when we make lofty or near impossible goals for ourselves.
- Stay patient and persistent: There might be times when setbacks can happen, and it is easy to brush off the goals. This is where your self-discipline and determination actually comes into play. Change doesn’t happen overnight, so if you slip up and don’t see the progress you’re hoping for, don’t give up.
- Track your progress: Each weight loss plan adds up to what you want to ultimately achieve. You might not always recognize your progress so keeping a tab makes it easy to recognize your accomplishments.
General Healthy Eating Habits
There are various diets which have their own principles and benefits but there is no single diet which can be suitable for all. While some diets may enable sustainable weight loss more efficiently than others, they might still need some adjustments to fit your lifestyle.
However, nutritionist Manisha Arora, head at TAF Wellness, a premier wellness centre offering holistic weight loss program in Delhi lays down a few general principles which can be incorporated into the daily life to help you shed those extra pounds:
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables
- Consume an adequate amount of water (2-3 litres are recommended)
- Reduce your intake of sugar and salt intake by consuming fewer processed foods
- Remember that balance is important; gradual changes will be easier to introduce than making huge alterations to your diet
- Eat a lot of fibre since a person needs at least 15 gm of fibre every day, as it aids digestion and heart health. Oats, lentils, flax seeds, apples, and broccoli are some great sources of fiber.
Following a prescribed set of rules and diet principles can kick start your journey of weight loss. But sustainable weight loss can take time, commitment, and patience. You need to take small steps each day to eat healthily, indulge in exercises or any other physical activities, and reduce stress to lose weight.
It is always recommended to consult a doctor before starting a new dietary plan. Doing this can ensure that the plan blends in with your lifestyle and you have the backing of a healthy support system.
How Can the TAF Wellness Centre Help?
TAF Wellness can play a crucial role in your aim for sustainable weight loss. The center offers a fat loss program Reverse your Fat where technology ancient Ayurveda stress control therapies Good food Good Nutrition are combined in the most holistic fashion to deliver sustainable weight loss And body shaping.
The pioneer technologies such as Coolsculpting which is a non-invasive treatment approved by the FDA for treatment of excess fat in the flanks, abdomen, thighs, and other areas, Trilipo Maximus which uses a radio frequency-based technology for body contouring giving an immediate reduction and skin tightening for perfect body shape, U-lipo to reduce unwanted fat from the body & arms to achieve circumference reduction, and Alma Accent Prime which combines ultrasound and radiofrequency technologies to destroy fat cells for manual removal or absorption by the body resulting in long-lasting shaping results.
Our in-house chefs can provide you customized ready to eat tasty meals with ideal calories and nutrition with the number of options in your everyday menu. We at TAF Wellness, understand that being confident in the outward appearance and feeling good on the inside can make you feel like you can win the world. This is a perfect start for you to eat healthily and lose the extra kilos.
Good luck with the journey of sustainable weight loss.
About The Author
I feel losing weight and looking after your body is the highest form of self-love. Feeling passionate about helping individuals achieve their best version, I conceptualized TAF – a place where one can lose weight in a happier and healthier way. I have been sharing my views on holistic programs for weight loss and ‘Good Food Good Nutrition’for over 18 years, Each time, I help someone reach their best version... it makes me feel fulfilled towards my purpose in life.